2020 Technology Communications Committee
Committee Type: Standing Committee
The Technology Communications Committee markets to real estate professionals through social media, fundraising, and brings awareness to the REALTOR brand. They build relationships with community leaders and members of the press in conjunction with staff.
Chair: Jim McKinnies
Vice Chair- Joey Atkins
Committee Composition: The Committee consists of 3 to 5 members and chaired by a past or current Board of Director.
Mission Statement: Is to ensure the vision and programs of SBAR are relayed in all media and communication outlets which strengthens community and member relations.
Membership: Membership is open to SBAR REALTOR and Affiliate members
- Develop marketing content
- Create plan of action for the year and present to staff
- Assign who will be responsible for organizing the content and determine which marketing outlets to use
- Present quarterly reports for engagement
- Develop a community relations plan
- The committee must follow the mission and values of the organization.
- The committee members must be a REALTOR® or Affiliate member of the South Bend Area REALTORS®.
- Committee Chair may serve as Past Chair the following year for consistency.
- The committee members goal should be to attend all of the sessions.
- The committee cannot have a meeting without a quorum of committee members present.
- Members are encouraged to attend all meetings, to arrive on time and stay for the duration of meetings. If a situation requires their departure, the member will be recorded as absent if not in attendance for at least 1/2 of the meeting.
- All members subject to censure or removal at the direction of the Board of Directors.
- The Committee Chair has the authority to create a subcommittee or task force.
- The Committee Chair may recommend that the task force or Subcommittee be dissolved once it is determined that the project is complete.