Governor Holcomb Identifies Real Estate as Essential Service
Number 14, section T of the order lists real estate services as essential. It includes appraisal and title services. We often say that real estate happens at the corner of life and change, so this order is good news. It means REALTORS® may continue to help their clients find the comfort of home following major events. However, we cannot stress enough that it is NOT business as usual.
You must follow the travel and social distancing requirements of the order. You can find those in number 16, section A, and number 17. Here are the main points:
• Keep six-foot distances
• Do not shake hands
• Wash hands with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds and do so frequently
• Clean high-touch surfaces on a regular basis
• Have hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available
• Maintain separate operating hours for vulnerable populations
• Post your hours of operation and how to best reach you online
• Travel related to the provision of essential business services is allowed (Number 14 includes real estate as an essential service)
Like you do with so many other community needs, we know REALTORS® can take the lead on this issue. Let’s commit to strictly following the Governor’s executive order so we can defeat this virus and get back to work ASAP. Our health and frankly lives are at stake.
We’ll be back in touch after we clarify some items about the license renewal deadline. Until then, the Legal Hotline is open. Ask your Managing Broker to call or authorize you to call.
Monday – Friday | 9am – 5pm ET
Calls are answered in the order they are received, always by phone, and within 24 hours.
Thank you for your membership and be well.